Saturday, August 22, 2009

Three Sheets - Not me, the show!!

Wow... it's been over a month since my last post. Forgive me reader for I have sinned... although it would appear not enough to have something to write about!

I'm hanging out in Kennebunkport Maine for the weekend sharing the Cottage where I spent every summer as a kid with my own offspring and the misses. What a blast. I'll blog perhaps tomorrow about my experience at Federal Jack's (home of the Shipyard Brewing Co.). But right now, I'm experiencing a show that, if you're a beer fan or a fan of people who think they can handle their liquor, then this is the show for you. For those of you who are not familiar with "Three Sheets", it's an event, that I've been told, no legitimate station, cable, satellite or otherwise, will carry. The premise of the show is simple, guy goes around the world sampling the local brew (Beer, liquor or otherwise), learns general customs and to be more specific, learns the drinking games and drinking traditions of each culture he visits. Think of it as a truly international "Dave Attel: Insomniac". In short, guy flys in, guy gets plowed, guy learns drinking games, guy forgets drinking games rules, gets MORE inebriated and then learns local hangover cure. Recipe for hilarity, Done. Educational in more ways than I could possibly describe.

Zane Lamprey (GREAT name) by the way, I only wish I knew what it was short for. Regardless, Zane has a job that on the surface seems like a good time, but after watching 2 shows on Hulu.com, is already starting to look like work. If I were a betting man, I bet I can fill out his death certificate already! If only I could spell cirrhosis, (scirrrooskis, shirroseees, rock solid liver, stop of kidney function) Either way, I'm thoroughly entertained. Zane's delivery is nothing short of comedic genius and his deadpan humor is lost on those too drunk to understand him. Often times he's making fun of people right to their face and they have NO idea. All of this adding to my total amusement. So far he's made fun of an obnoxious American beer "officionado" almost fell into an Alligator pit, lit himself on fire and has tried some of the most potent beers & Liquors on the planet. Guys, if you get the opportunity to watch this show, check it out! You WILL be entertained. More on Federal Jack's tomorrow!

Good Luck, good brewing and good times to all!

Your Friend,

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment