Saturday, April 3, 2010

Holy Hilarious!

As many of you know, I am a huge fan of clever marketing for any product, most notably beer. The following review is, in part an homage to one such visionary brewer, marketer and dare I say... prophet?

As a former patron of the parochial school system, I have a certain appreciation for humor that some might find well... sacrilegious. It's not that I'm not appreciative of everything that the church has taught me, but I do find humor in places that others might not and things that perhaps I SHOULD not. Besides... who really needs a soul anyway? Bradley Ross-Patrick (which sounds like an evangelical name in and of itself) and I appear to be cut from the same cloth when it comes to parody laden humor. Check out this website and see what I mean:

http://sixpackofprayer.com/index.php

But is this more than just a clever marketing campaign? Could it be that salvation can come in a cleverly packaged bottle? I've heard more people pray to whatever god will listen after imbibing too much. The phrase "Oh God if you make this stop, I'll never drink again" has been uttered after dispelling many a demon on the porcelain altar so... could Rev Ross be on to something? It says in his personal notes that this Pastor of the Pilsner goes against the grain... Nay, my fellow sinners, (cue up the choir)I say he goes WITH the grain... combines it with malt and hops and turns ordinary water.... into revelation.

The Most Reverend Ross-Patrick creates a strong case for purchasing 6 to twelve bottles of "holy water" to wash away your sins and the sins of your neighbor. Although, if the beer is as good as the marketing, I might try to convert the whole neighborhood. Inspired by his proselytizing, my clicker zipped right over to the "order now" button. Sadly enough, religion aka the blue laws and popular legislation favoring liquor distributors here in the Commonwealth of MA do not allow delivery directly to my house... which means that I either need to drive/fly/pray myself to Nebraska to visit the abbey directly OR I need to find an alternate method of delivery...

I see that he has a "tour date" at the Berklee College of music in April and frankly I'd like to make sure that I try to hit that date. OR... if Rev. Bradley would like to swing by the greater Metro West area, I'm sure we could set up a revival tent to help save a few of my fellow sinners!!! TESTIFY!!

Your Holiness, I wish you the best of luck, the campaign for salvation is brilliant and I can't wait to try the actual product!!

"MMmmmm Sacrilicious... Gwaaaaaaggghhh" - Homer Simpson as it pertains to the Holy Waffle stuck to the ceiling.

AAAAMEN!

Rob

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Rob. I appreciate the love. We are brewing & blessing 24/7 and we just can't keep up! So many sinners in the world, and only so much Prayer.

    Thanks for sharing my amazing sin cleansing product with your followers. Glorious!

    Sincerely,

    BRP (Bradley Ross-Patrick)

    ReplyDelete